Vegetarian Eggplant and Spinach Lasagna
A lot of lasagna recipes are dedicated for vegetarians. Being a vegetarian does not mean that you cannot taste the delicate taste of lasagna. Here is the recipe of very healthy and very delicious vegetarian eggplant and spinach lasagna. Both of the vegetables are very delicious combined together and you will get the best taste out of a lasagna with this recipe. Below is the list of ingredients and the list of method.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 pack of lasagna sheet
- 1 medium-sized eggplant
- 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 medium-sized onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pack of cottage cheese
- 1 can of meatless marinara sauce/ Bolognese sauce
- 2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- ┬Ż teaspoon of dehydrated oregano
- ┬Ż teaspoon of dehydrated parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt as well as pepper
- First, you need to cook the lasagna sheet. Put the lasagna sheet into a pan with salted boiling water in it. Cook the lasagna for about 10 minutes until it is al dente. After it is cooked, remove from the water and put it into a tray. Set it aside.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic. After that, slice the eggplants and the tomato. Set them aside.
- Now, we are going to make the sauce. Heat a non-skillet pan and then drizzle olive oil on it. Then, add the chopped onions and stir it well. When the onions are softer, add the minced garlic. Stir until the garlic is completely mixed with the onions. After that, add the spinach and the meatless sauce. Stir it well. Season the sauce with dehydrated oregano, dehydrated parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook until the sauce thickens. After it is all cooked, turn off the heat.
- Now, it is time to assemble the lasagna. But before that, preheat your oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Then, grab a lasagna pan and grease the pan with oil or spray it with non-stick spray. Cover the base of the pan with lasagna sheet. Then, add the sauce. After the sauce, start lining the eggplant slice. After the eggplant, sprinkle cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese until they cover the entire surface of the lasagna. After the cheddar and mozzarella cheese, layer the tomato slices. Repeat the layering until the pan is full. On the top of the last layer, sprinkle a lot of mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap the lasagna pan with kitchen foil and put the lasagna pan into the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the kitchen foil and put it back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.