There are numerous ways to make pleasantÂ scalloped potatoes. Aimed at this version, we consulted several records –Â twoÂ James Beards, Kitchen Senseand theÂ Joy of Cooking and more. Essentially you layer finely sliced potatoes through any number of trimmings â€“ onions, parsley,and cheese â€“ add milk or cream, as well as bake. The potatoes engross the liquid as they chef, the cheese thaws, the top becomes browned. Unique tip â€“ use a low casserole bowl.
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 thick slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 (about 4 average sized) Russet potatoes, unpeeled, shared 1/8-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 1 big yellow or else white onion, lightly sliced
- 2 tbsp hopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Heathen oven to 300Â°F. Butter a bulky casserole dish, through 1 1/2 Tbsp of butter. May you use a crockpot dish that is around 9Ă—13 (larger than the one exposed) you will have more external area, additional of the potatoes would be brown, and the cookery time would be faster.
- Layer the lowest of the casserole bowl with 1/3 of the sweet potato slices. Sprinkling with salt as well as pepper. Layer on 1/2 of the cut onions and 1/2 beaker of the Swiss cheese. Sprinkling with a slight Parmesan.
- Recurrence by layering on 1/3 of the potato slices, sprinkling again with pepper and salt. Layer on the residual sliced onions, 1/2 beaker of the Swiss cheese, the residual bacon, parsley as well as chives. Sprinkle through a little Parmesan.
- Shelter the casserole through aluminum foil and swelter in the kiln for one hour. Afterward an hour, remove as of the oven, eliminate the foil, sprinkling on the residual Swiss as well as Parmesan cheese.