Summers are finally here, well not officially! But still you can feel the heat and sun scorching down on you. I am not complaining! Nooooo â€¦â€¦ Not at all! I am loving it actually!
Hot weather gets me into trying-something-new mode really well. Itâ€™s good to look at brighter, sunnier days. You automatically feel like doing something, anything!
I am always on the lookout for recipes that are not only delicious, but also have healthier factor. I am thinking somewhat healthy, very delicious, spicy, carbs, veggies!
SV, our 33 month old, loves anything potatoes. Fried, Mashed, baked, boiled as long as itâ€™s potato lol. So, I made this delicious Potato Green Pepper Stir Fry Medley. This recipe was passed to me by a dear friend. She does not have a blog so I canâ€™t really accredit her, but a big shout out to Priti. She makes it a bit spicy, but I cut back on spices a little. This one was a hit in our household. SV loved them.
After taking a few bites though, he only started picking potatoes and left peppers behind. I wonâ€™t blame him though. The flavor that these potatoes got from peppers is simply amazing. Apparently this is one of the most popular dishes in many countries.
There are a few things that I had to buy from speciality stores.Â Garam MasalaÂ is a blend of many different spices. This particular one that I used is a warm mixture of organic cardamom, organic cinnamon, organic cloves, organic cumin, organic black pepper, organic coriander.
Another ingredient used in this recipe isÂ turmeric. Not only is this root powder used to spice up curries, it has unbelievableÂ health benefits. It may ward off heart attacked, tame heart burn as well as an upset stomach.
Potato Green Pepper Stir Fry Medley
- 1 potato peeled, cubed
- 1 Green Pepper de seeded, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped, optiona
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Garam Masala
- 1/4 salt
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds. Let the cumin seeds sizzle and you get nice aroma.
- Add chopped onions to the oil and cumin seeds. SautÃ© them till they are light brown and turn translucent.
- Cook till potatoes are done. It will take about 10 minutes or so.
- Add potatoes and green pepper. Mix really well. You will see potatoes and peppers turning yellow because of turmeric powder.
- Cover the pan and let the mix cook for sometime. Turn the heat further down so that the mix cooks on really low heat. You also reduce the chances of overcooking the medley.
- Serve warm with bread.