Fall is one of my favorite seasons, for obvious reasons. Fall fruits are starting to gather on my kitchen counter. I picked up a basket of fresh pears from the farmerâ€™s market, and another basket full of pears came from neighborâ€™s backyard.
So, I had this heap of pears looking at me in the kitchen. Pears are something that ripe really fast, so I had to come up with a recipe so that it could be consumed really quickly but in a delicious manner 🙂
Juicy pears with sweet grapes, crunchy walnuts and salty, creamy cottage cheese put together makes it one of my favorite Fall salads. Itâ€™s so easy to make and doesnâ€™t take more than 10 minutes to chop and put everything together.
If you want to make a salad from fresh fruits this Fall season, this one is a must try. It is also one of my popular salads during Thanksgiving holidays.
So, try this pear and grape salad and let me know how you liked it.
Pear and Grape Salad
- 2 pears large, halved, peeled, cored
- 25 grapes seedless, white, halved
- 2 cup Cottage Cheese whipped
- 1 tsp sugar granulated
- 10 spinach
- Cut pear halves in long slices. Combine pear slices, grapes and spinach leaves in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle walnut pieces and cottage cheese generously. Cover the bowl and toss gently.
- Take the cover off and arrange fruits and veggies on a plate.
- If you want, you can chill the salad in the fridge for 10 mins or so.
- Cut pear halves in long slices. Combine pear slices, grapes and spinach leaves in a medium bowl.Sprinkle walnut pieces and cottage cheese generously. Cover the bowl and toss gently. Take the cover off and arrange fruits and veggies on a plate.If you want, you can chill the salad in the fridge for 10 mins or so.