You must try this delicious breakfast quiche recipe. You may not know this but quiche are make great crowd fare. They can be served to guests as hearty breakfast or as a relaxing midday brunch with a sparkling glass of champagne. You’ll be surprised at how well your guests will respond to a simple quiche luncheon.
When I was young my Mom used to take these ingredients and make them into what we Italians call a frittata, which is very similar to a quiche. My Sister and I were picky eaters at the time, but we always managed to cleaned are plates when we had frittata for breakfast.
Everyone likes to relax on the weekend, especially on Sunday. So this easy Breakfast quiche will fit right into your lazy day.
You usually have all the ingredients for a Sunday breakfast. So, all you need do is place them in a pie shell and bake the eggs rather than scramble or fry them.
Hearty and Delicious Breakfast Quiche Recipe
- 1-9 store bought regular single pie crust
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 links of hot or sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled
- 4 ozs shredded Mozzarella or jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Precook pie crust according to package directions. Set aside to cool. When pie crust is cooled, spread Parmesan cheese over the bottom of the crust.
- Remove sausage from casings and break up into small bite size pieces. Fry sausage and bell peppers in skillet over medium heat until sausage is well browned and no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes into bite size pieces. Place in bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Lightly beat the eggs with a wire wisk. Add the half-and-half and milk. Blend until smooth. Set aside
- Place sausage and bell peppers on bottom of crust. Add the potatoes. Top with Mozzarella cheese and green onions. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the the filling. Place quiche on a cookie sheet and carefully slide into a 400Â° oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top of the quiche is puffed up and browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.