This tasty fish chowder recipe might be just what you may be looking for on a lazy weekend day. all you need do is throw some ingredients into your slow cooker, relax and let the crock pot do the cooking. It’s healthy and will satisfy you hungry family without a mountain of effort on your part.
Everyone would like to have healthy food for the family on a regular basis. However, that is sometimes hard to do with the fast paced life styles we all live now a days. They take some time and care to make. Sometime you have to sacrifice a little taste for health. We all do it. However, the ingredients in this chowder are all good and palate pleasing. Try this recipe and add some of your own healthy vegetable ingredients.
Although, crockery cooking is not the rage it once was, I find that I still like the ease of piling all my ingredients into the pot and walking away with no tending time on my part. If your crock pot, like mine, automatically switches to warm when the prescribed cooking time is up, you’ve got it made. I think a lot of cooks do not take proper advantage of the use of the easy and somewhat magical crock pot.
How to make FISH CHOWDER RECIPE ?
- 1 pound frozen cod (there are many fish sold under this name)
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and chopped in bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10 10Âľ-oz can of condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 10- oz package of frozen baby lima beans
- 1 zucchini, peeled and sliced in 1/4 in rounds
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine (something you would drink)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup canned stewed tomatoes with juice (break the tomatoes up prior to placing in the crock pot or force them through a sieve)
- 1/3 cup dry milk powder
- 2 tbls chopped cilantro or parsley.
In a 4 or 5 quart crock pot combine potatoes,onions, garlic, soup, limas, zucchini, celery, chicken broth, wine, lemon-pepper seasoning and bay leaf. Place the frozen fillets on top of the ingredients. If the fillets are too thick, cut them in half prior to placing in the slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours or on high heat for 3 to 4 hours. When chowder is cooked, remove lid and stir in dry milk powder. I like to top my chowder with some Parmesan cheese and cilantro. Serve with some crusty garlic bread made with a crunchy French sourdough baguette.