Sweet and salty sweet potato mix, filled in crispy potato skins make these absolutely delicious snack or meal to enjoy with family.
Holidays always make me want to go back to comfort food every few days. Lots of coffee, tea and a delicious snack. This one is election year in the US, so itâ€™s fun to tune into the news cast and watch reports on whatâ€™s going in with each party.
TheseÂ creamy twice baked sweet potatoesÂ are such a treat on one of those cozy evenings when you just want to snuggle in your favorite blankies. You are not required to do whole lot of standing in the kitchen.
Lots of baking, and a few minutes of mixing the ingredients is all it takes to make these crispy sweet potato skins.
I love to makeÂ sweet potato dishesÂ around this time of the year. Sometimes we just boil them in water, peel the skin. Cut into squares, sprinkle lemon juice and enjoy. Other times I like to make some kind of dish that we can enjoy as a snack or as a full fledged meal.
I saw theseÂ sweet potato skinsÂ on Pinch of Yum. Lyndsay recently posted an updated version of these on her blog, with the video. I first saw her making these in her video in myÂ Facebook feedÂ and was hooked. I love that I tried these, since these have become one of our favorites.
As I mentioned, these are not too difficult to make. Sweet and salty sweet potato mix, filled in crispy potato skins make these absolutely delicious. Try these next time you want to make something different.
Creamy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 Sweet Potatoes medium
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Onions finely chopped
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 50 - 60 minutes. Cut in half. Set aside to cool down.
- On a medium heat, saute the onions in olive oil until translucent. Add spinach leaves and cook for another 4 - 5 minutes until cooked. Set aside.
- Scoop out the flesh out from the baked sweet potatoes. Make sure to leave a thin layer of skin so that sweet potato skin can stand on its own.
- Place the skin back onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil and place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes. This will make the skin crispier.
- Place the sweet potatoes scooped out flesh in a medium bowl. Add Greek yogurt, cooked spinach, chickpeas, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix really well using a spatula.
- Fill the sweet potato skins with this mixture. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. You can add some chopped cilantro on top for a delicious flavor.
- Bake for another 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheese starts melting.
- Enjoy while potato skins are warm and crispy!