Hi yaâ€™ll. Welcome to another edition ofÂ spinach deliciousness.
Have I ever told you how much I love a well made spinach dish? Well, it was kind of my self imposed rule to make a meal that consisted of lot of iron, vitamins, protein etc. because of my picky little eater, SV.
When he was little, he would question each and every food item that was served in his plate, and not even eating it.
He would just play with his food and after a while ready to walk away.
I had to come up withÂ healthy food choicesÂ for him so that I could make sure that he was getting his daily dose of high nutrition food.
Spinach, tofu,Â sweet potatoes, beans used to be the main ingredients in most of his meals.
He is now 3 and a half and not that fussy about what he eats. But I have found myself in love with â€śgood foodsâ€ť, spinach being the one. Most of my recipes are an inspiration fromÂ Pinterest.
So are these baked mini bread bowls with spinach dip.
I got really excited at the thought of spinach mixed with lot of cheese. Plus I did not have to make my bread from scratch. Thatâ€™s right! I used refrigerated french bread loaf byÂ Simply Pillsbury.
Even though I made these for SV, my husband and I are the ones eating these up. Finished one mini bowl in three big bites. These mini bread bowls are so cute, and perfect party appetizers, finger food or for us, these are great vegetarian main entree.
Baked Mini Bread Bowls with Spinach Dip
- 1 can Simply Pillsbury Crusty French Bread refrigerated
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups Baby Spinach chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 4 tbsp Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1/3 cups Mozzerella Cheese shredded
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper ground
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 10 muffin cups with non stick cooking spray.
- Open the french bread roll and place on wooden cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut the dough vertically into 10 equal rolls, about 1 inch thick.
- Take the first slice of dough and press with hands to flatten it into 3inch flat rounds. Repeat for each slice of dough.
- Place each flat round into greased muffin tin cup. Press them into the sides. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place the washed spinach, cook and stir until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for another minute or so. Turn the heat off.
- In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese, Cream cheese, garlic salt, salt, pepper. Add cooked spinach and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the bread bowls. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over each bowl.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes or until the bread starts getting brown on the edges. Let cool for 5 minutes or so before serving.